Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 9 - Not too bad! About 75% raw!

Okay, so I had two bananas, cashews, a pink lady apple and a green apple before lunch. Lunch was half a cucumber and 3 olives (which are REALLY starting to grow on me, btw). I had a nectarine on the way home and then for dinner, I ate some zucchini "pasta" with "peanut sauce." Actually, it was called.... Pad Thai with Kelp Noodles, only I substituted zucchini strips for the noodles since I haven't been able to find kelp noodles ANYWHERE but online and they are relatively expensive online. So next time I'm in Virginia Beach (or if I can get my mom on the phone!) I'll stop up at the Asian Market on Great Neck Road. Until then, I'll suck it up. Anyways, I had some alfredo pasta as well, and a couple glasses of milk with some of those damn cookies.

The Pad Thai was very strange. The recipe called for 1/4 cup of lemon juice, which I'll reduce next time, and 1/2 cup of coconut oil, which can also probably be reduced. Although the consistency was perfect, so maybe not. It was just a little bit sour and not exactly something I'd make again (although thanks to my good friend, December, I've adopted the "try it twice" mentality) if it weren't for the fact I'm missing Kelp noodles.

It was easier for me to focus today, though still not great. Maybe the material we were using was more difficult than last week, but I feel as though I've hit a road block and I'm not super excited about it. Hopefully this weekend will give me the opportunity to relax and take it easy, refresh and I can go back to class next week good to go.

And finally, I weighed in this morning at 186.4. So I'm neither gaining nor losing and that's okay with me. I figure I gained (gasp!) closer to 55 lbs when I was preggo and I'm already back down almost 30. So I'm doing alright. With Lisa here, I can go to the library to study or go the to gym to PT (which I think I may do tomorrow!). So until tomorrow, all.

Oh, PS. I love ke$ha....

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if you want a work out partner! You've really inspired me to work on myself too. Can't seem to keep my calories below 2,000 and nurse (I've just accepted that's the way it's going to be) so I've been working out. Did Wii Fit yesterday and ran almost a mile this morning. Glad you've adopted the try it twice mentality!
    P.S. Ke$ha gives me nightmares... for real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the first week down! And, congrats on getting rid of a little over half the baby weight :) You can already see the progress that you're making, and you're a daily inspiration to keep working at it. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete