Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 3 - So far, so good!

1 Granny Smiths @170 cal
2 Pink ladies @ 160 cal
3 Bananas @ 275 cal
108g cashews @ 592 cal
1 Avocado @ 216 cal
Cherry tomatoes @ 26 cal
Garlic @ <1 cal
Strawberries @ 83 cal
256g Broccoli (one head of broccoli, minus most of the stem) @ 87c
1srv dressing @ 150c (yeah, still the stuff that might be cooked!)
Grand Total of: 1760

Time Investment - Eating! So, dinner seems to be the hardest meal to figure out, prepare, and eat. Probably because by the end of the day I'm getting bored (all I do now is hang out with my two-month old, lol), I can't really do anything (my arms are full of beautiful, distracting baby girl!) and I'm tired. So tonight I'm eating broccoli. A whole head. Haha. And I'm eating it with some of the Italian Dressing because I very strongly dislike raw veggies. Before this, I only ever ate them with rich, fatty, creamy (delicious!) ranch dressing. I also chose the broccoli because it's rich in fiber and filling. Luckily, I haven't noticed a need for any extra fiber despite the amount of bananas I've been eating but I figure I might as well eat it. It took very little prep time and it will be a good, satisfying meal. But it's taking forever for me to eat!

Cravings: I was seriously craving something "bready" after work today (I won't even mention how much I wanted those M&Ms), so I had another banana (yum!) and that seemed to do okay in eliminating my desire for bready yummy-ness. However, in my search for a raw split-pea soup recipe, I came across this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM and I no longer wanted anything sweet or chocolatey. I'm starting to look at those things (soda, candy, cookies, even bread) like you would maybe look at sky-diving if you weren't into that kind of thing. Like, maybe it would be fun, but you could DIE from it (I'm not sayin' bread will kill you) but not partaking wouldn't hurt you at all. I walk by the M&Ms, want one for as long as I see the brightly colored treats, and then they're out of my mind as soon as I sit back down in class. Thank goodness. Hopefully I will go long enough without those things that when and if I do start back up on cooked food, I won't even want them then. *crosses fingers*

Side note: The presentation I linked up there makes me never ever ever want to give my baby juice. I knew it was bad (pure sugar) but I never knew exactly how bad! And then I feel all kinds of betrayed by my government. And I take back everything I ever said about planting my own garden. And as soon as Little One grows up a bit and I find the time to sweep daily, we will pot some plants. :-)

Ok, so not a whole lot else to say except that the fatigue is killing me. After I get home, I take a quick catnap (30 minutes or so) with E and then I'm pretty good to go. But by now, 9:00pm, I'm ready for bed again. So, hopefully that will get better. I hope its a detox symptom and not something I'm doing wrong. Also, I resumed taking psyllium husks (a comment made by a friend of mine about bananas spooked me so I'm trying to make sure I get enough, though the need has not presented itself.

Oh, and finally! I lost 2 more lbs from yesterday morning to today! So I'm at -5lbs for the week. -5 lbs for two days! And I am not starving! And I'm not grumpy or needy and so far, my milk is still coming in as normal. Thank goodness! So, that's it for today! Til tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Chances are, you are exhausted because you are burning more than you are taking in, which is what you want. Your body is probably used to all of the extra caloric intake and has to readjust. If it is still like this after a week or so, you'll definitely need to add some more protein. Try the beans, high in protein. It may feel carb-ey too.

    ReplyDelete