Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 6 - Turned out about 50/50...

6 cooked, approx. 2 oz. pieces of lamb @ 723 calories (WOW!!!)
I feel like the rest of the day's calories don't even merit mentioning after that!
I'm going to guess my caloric intake for today, including the Robek's smoothie I had, somewhere around 2,300 or so. I had a fruity breakfast and a couple of bananas (and I'm now eating a "Raw*Revolution" Bar. This one is actually pretty good.

Well, as of 0500 this morning (before Greek food in downtown B-more), I thought that I was already finding myself neutral towards meat, rice, and other cooked foods. There are a few smells (toasting bread, pasta sauce, tuna salad...) that make me hungry. It seems that eating this way has already helped change my tastes a little bit. And I hope that after this month is up, I don't feel compelled to revert to the SAD (standard American Diet). I weighed myself [well] before dawn this morning only to find my weight back up by a pound. But I am not disheartened! There are so many factors that can cause a small spike in weight and the overall goal is not (despite my going on and on about it) weight-loss, but an overall sense of well-being, health, energy, and happy lifestyle.

I did not end up making any macaroons or almond flour or banana milk, but I will try very hard to get those done tomorrow. I'll need an inexpensive raw treat for this week after class and macaroons and fruit with "cream" will be yummy. Sean and I ended up going to Borders for their going-out-of-business sale and Babies'R'Us for a white noise machine, and didn't get home until almost 7! So, now I'm blogging (see also: getting nothing done whatsoever) and DD is sleeping and DH is sleeping and I hope to put DD down in her crib and crawl into bed next to my sleeping man. We shall see.

Until tomorrow, all! Take a day "off" and enjoy life!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your positive attitude is shining through! Can't wait to see the haircut, great minds must think alike because I was considering the same thing. I'm going to wait until summer is over, so I can still pull it back and be lazy.
    Tomorrow is going to be "official" day 1 of everything working together: studying, post-school pt, etc.
    Stay motivated, you can tally 1 week off, and the first couple weeks are the hardest part!

    ReplyDelete