Breakfast and snacks:
2 granny smith apples @ 323c
1 pink lady apple @ 80c
3 bananas @ 210c
57g cashews @ 315c
1/2 serving Flax Snacks @ 90c
2 plums @ 67c
4 macaroons @ 280c
mango @ 86c
Dinner:
avocado @ 216c
cherry tomatos @ 55c
Late-night snack: Super ripe and super yummy nectarine. I didn't count the calories- too lazy.
Plus an unknown amount of cherries (maybe a handful)
Grand Total: 1,722 calories (+ or - whatever the calorie content of the cherries was)
I don't think I'm done eating for tonight, but I'll add whatever extra calories I consume. I feel the rumblings of an empty tummy. Maybe I'll have another banana or some more nuts.
Self Control: Today was totally easy. I walked by a bowl of M&Ms about 10 times today with no problem and watched my husband cook some yummy taco leftovers and rice dinner. It smelled awesome, but I didn't really want any. My only rough patch today was after work when I came home craving sweets. Like a cookie, or pancake, or ice cream, but mostly just something sweet and bready. Oh, and got sick of apples. I had three before noon. >.<
Hunger vs. Boredom: I'm starting to try to pay attention to when I'm actually hungry (after breakfast and before lunch) and when I'm bored (when I come home and want to hang out with hubby). And I'm trying to tune in to my body instead of eating at specific times.
Working Out: We've been doing our own little workout routine which consists mostly of push-ups, flutter kicks, swimmers, curl-ups (I can't even do a sit-up properly right now..), and a run around the block. The running is easier than I thought it would be. The small block we have been doing is only .4mi, and I feel like it's not challenging enough. Tomorrow is our day off, but on Wednesday, we will lengthen it. We might even double it. My hubby has been so awesome, helping me work out. He even assists my push-ups which enables me to do three- or four- times as many as I would be able to on my own.
Attitude: Today I was in a generally good mood, if a little bit tired during class. Nothing out of the ordinary to report.
Breast Milk: Okay, the weirdest (any maybe coolest) part of today. My breastmilk (I'm exclusively nursing my two-month old daughter) was yellow- almost GREEN- today. When compared with the milk from Friday, it is markedly different. I think it's pretty cool, actually, how fast that was affected.
Detox Effects? I have nothing to report here as of yet, but I'm fully expecting my body to revolt in some way. Others have reported mood-swings, terrible breath, inability to sleep and other things, in their first week or two of the raw diet (or any kind of detox for that matter). I expect to have headaches, too, while my body readjusts to no caffeine and no processed food.
Awesome Recipes: While looking for new recipes, namely for a raw ice cream >.< I found a TON of recipes that look not only delicious, but look like they will help me find new stores (to find hard-to-find items like coconut butter) and try new foods. Today was the first time I had both raw cashews and raw almonds. I must admit the almonds... not so yummy. But the cashews! Perfect snack. And delicious!
Shopping List: My shopping list for next week is growing and growing. I also discovered raw macaroons! And they are simply amazing. I had 4 (where I should have had two (okay, so I should have had one), but they were so good I couldn't help myself. See above, "Self Control."
Price: This diet can be expensive. The snacks are in no way cheap and even produce (when you buy organic) can be so expensive as to be painful We went to Sam's Club though, for my first week, to be sure I can do it, and my overall fruit bill was only $62. And we bought a TON of fruit. The specialty items (like almond flour) are very expensive ($12.29 for a 16oz. bag) but I have yet to purchase and use any of those types of things, so I really can't comment on the price just yet.
Getting Enough Calories: Last night, I was actually a little bit worried about getting enough calories. Greens and other vegetables are not very calorie-dense (note the cherry tomatos) but the fruit seemed to be sufficient for today. The nuts had 300 calories or more and the avocado was good too. All I need to do now is improve my protein intake. I think I ended up with around 42g of protein, which is only about half of what I need. I'm not worried about vitamins because I'm still taking the prenatal supplement and I'm not concerned about the calcium or vitamin C because of the sheer amount of fruit I'll be consuming. Potassium was more than covered by the bananas and nuts.
So, all in all, it was a good day. I'm curious to see where it will go from here. I hope to see an improvement in my energy level, skin, and mental clarity. Others have even reported feelings of euphoria! So we will see where it goes from here. And also, what color my milk is tomorrow. I'm tempted to try lots of different-colored food to kind of play with it a little. >.<
Shame on me.
Try watching "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." It's quite motivational.
ReplyDeleteOh God, even the title is enough to turn me off of burgers, fries and cookies forever!
ReplyDelete