Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 2 - So far, (pretty much) 100% RAW!

2 Granny Smiths @ 170 cal
2 Pink ladies @ 160 cal
2 Bananas @ 190 cal
57g cashews @315cal
.75 srv flax snax @ 135 cal
Cherries (96g) @ 60 cal
4 macaroons @ 280 cal
Dinner:
Mixed greens (75g) @ 18 cal
Carrot (57g) @ 23 cal
Onion (38g) @ 16 cal
Cherries (96g) @ 60 cal
Spinach (47g) @ 11 cal
Dressing (1.5 servings) @ 225 cal
Nectarine (143g) @ 63 cal
For a Grand Total of: 1726

So, I did pretty well today!

Five Guys and Other Cravings: This afternoon around 4:00, all I could think about was Five Guys and their burgers so I thought about it. I seriously thought about it. After all, on my Goal List here at home, it does say 75% Raw... so I considered it. And then I looked up the amount of calories in a little cheeseburger. 550 calories. That would have topped off my calorie "allotment" for the day. Also my fat and sodium and bleck. So I didn't go get Five Guys. Well, WE didn't go. Sean was all about it; and then I showed him the calories. The burger he usually gets (bacon cheeseburge) had 990 calories in it! I had a monster salad instead. Also, Around 10:00am, I felt like I needed some freakin' chocolate. But I didn't cave to that one either. I'm proud!

Detox Symptoms: Headache! I had a really bad headache after I got home from work and I know I wasn't dehydrated because I'd been drinking water all morning. Other than that, nothing too noticeable. I was very fatigued in the early afternoon, but I think I'll attribute that to a very BORING Russian movie, not the food.

Dinner: For dinner I ate a monstrous salad. It consisted of about 130g of greens, plus carrots, onions, cherry tomatoes and Italian salad dressing. It was huge. I used one of our IKEA mixing bowls to make it in and eat it out of. By the end, I was so sick of it that I actually had to spit out the last bite. I ended up leaving probably three normal-sized fork-fulls in the bottom of the bowl. I gave it to Penny. :-) I did use the Whole Foods Italian Dressing. I figure, we have it, Sean's not eating it, we shouldn't toss it out. How cooked can it be? And how bad can it be to use 2 tbs? Other than that, though, today was 100% raw. Even if it was a bit boring.

Time Investment: Ok, so tonight dinner took almost 30 minutes to prepare. As I get better, more efficient at weighing stuff, I'll be faster, I'm sure, but it felt like I put Elena down for her evening nap, made dinner and she was already awake again! Breakfast is quick; all I have to do is grab apples, bananas, plums, cashews (pre-weighed the night before) and head out the door. It makes it easier to choose when you only have a few things to pick from.

And my milk was green at lunchtime, but not at dinnertime. But it did look richer, more fatty. I'll contribute that to the fact that Elena had eaten not too much earlier, so it was probably mostly hind-milk. >.<

I think it would be easier if I had a better-stocked "raw kitchen" and less processed/conventional food in the house. Cheese still looks awesome, and we have some "sweet crunch" bread in the pantry. It looks good.
And it may be my imagination, but as hubby was leaving tonight I thought he smelled like meat. Maybe I will start to smell like veggies. Or maybe even dirt!

OH! Also!
Yesterday when I weighed myself I was up to (God it hurts me to even say it let alone post it on the internet for EVERYONE to see, but I want this is be an accurate record and maybe even someday I can write a book and get famous!)...
Okay, I was at 193.6!!! Holy effing COW! I spent all weekend eating whatever I wanted, including 7 cupcakes. So yeah... fatyy over here!
But good news, because when I weighed myself again this morning, I was at 190.3 which meansI was down 3.3lbs. I've had such spikes in my weight before, but I'm going to attribute part of it the diet because that's just so much cooler than saying "O, it must've been water weight," which was always the explanation before!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I'm so interested, keep posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady, good to see you back in the land of writing! There's a MOM's on 175, and a Trader Joe's too, for a little more affordable organic alternatives. Also, not everything has to be organic, some things just really aren't worth it, but others are. Taking it one day at a time is the way to go, I'm slowly doing the same thing, it's been a hectic year, so to speak. I'm always around if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete