Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 8 - Today was better. I guess.

I'm starting to get a little bit down on myself. Or maybe just a little bit down in general. I think it's just my brain playing tricks on me, but I feel like my milk supply is decreasing. I don't know if it's because of the sharp decrease in calories, the types of food, or some other factor, but I just feel like I should be making so much MORE than I am.
So I had yogurt and raw sunflower seeds with a few carob chips for breakfast. A nectarine and a banana as snacks. Half a cucumber for lunch and then some microwave mac'n'cheese. Then I had some raw cashews, and about 5 macaroons (I was seriously craving the sweets today and bored-eating tonight. I had a salad for dinner which was good, but something in the greens was really bitter. I will try my hardest to be "good" tomorrow. Eating the yogurt threw me off in class all day, and the mac'n'cheese made my stomach hurt; it sat like a ROCK. I didn't realize how much my mood had changed last week; I was up all week until today, and I attribute all of that to the cooked food from this weekend and today.

Anyways, I guess there is good news to share! I dropped 7 pounds in my first week. Even with cheating all weekend, I still didn't gain any of the lost weight back. My weight goal is not necessarily to lose at this point (though surely that part is very nice) but not to gain. My original food goal was 75% raw, 25% cooked, so I think I'm going to go back to that. That's 75% of my calorie from raw foods, not 75% of the total food input. I'm going to skip the yogurt and do raw all day, then maybe supplement a raw dinner with some kind of cooked food; maybe a fish or some bread. something dense in calories that won't take up too much room in my tummy.

Baby Girl is upstairs crying it out. I laid with her for thirty minutes and she still didn't go to sleep. I have things that need doing, so hopefully she'll go to sleep and when I go up, I'll sneak into bed and she will be far away in dreamland. Anyway, I have to run off and catch up on the homework I've been slacking off with and maybe have a banana or something to top off my bored stomach. :-P

7 comments:

  1. Have you thought about getting a raw diet cook book? Maybe it could help you find more ways of bringing in those extra calories. 75/25 is still wonderful! I've read that protein and greens are the most important sources of milk production. In the end, we have to put baby above ourselves, so don't feel down about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought a raw cookbook at Borders the other day and I've tried a soup out of it; not a huge fan, but I'm going to try more and more recpes. I just need KELP NOODLES and I have no idea where to find them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ocean? Wierd. Maybe a different cookbook...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I've already suggested this, so ignore me if I have. What about soaking stuff in water? To soften it up. I've heard of soaking beans over night. I'm going to do a test run on some lentils that I have today and let you know. It might open up a door of ingredients for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds awesome. I tried soaking some split peas and that was a disaster - they tasted like soap and totally ruined my pea soup recipe. :-( Although I did soak some sunflower seeds and let them sprout. So cute! Lol, that'll be in today's post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soaked the lentils and loved them! Lentils are so good for you btw! It inly took a few hours to get them soft enough to snack on and I liked it better than when they were cooked. Gonna try soaking a potato to make see if it can make "raw mashed potatoes". You know, we only add heat to speed up the process. This is kinda fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe, ok. Well, I shall get lentils when I go to buy the stuff for the Lactation Cookies :-D

    ReplyDelete