Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 5- Down 7 lbs in the last four days!!

So. I started this on Monday morning at 193. This morning, I weighed in at 186.3!

Here's today's food:

2 Granny Smiths @200c
3 Bananas @ 275c
58g cashews @ 321c
3 Nectarines @186c
Corn (114g) @ 98c
Sunflower seeds (39g) @ 189c
Raw candy bar @ 180c

Onion (16g) @ 7c
Mixed Greens (43g) @ 10c
Carrot (86g) @ 35c
Spinach (24g) @ 6c
Dressing @ ~150c

For a grand total of: At least 1,657 calories.
I also had a bunch of cherries, unmeasured, and an undetermined amount of some kind of melon that strongly resembled canteloupe (but was not, in fact, canteloupe!), so I'm sure I'm probably closer to 1,850 calories for today.

Natural Market: So, I went to Trader Joe's yesterday just to see what they have and to see if they carried coconut oil (which I didn't find), raw almond meal (which they might have had; the meal didn't specifically say "raw") and a few other things. They have so far the cheapest raw almonds and decently-priced produce. Today I stopped at the Natural Market on 175 (I guess it might be Dave's or David's, but I didn't even look!) and their selection of raw stuff was by far the best! I was able to find raw "candy bars," which I'll post a link for either later in this entry or in a later one. I also purchased nutritional yeast, which is apparently not raw? but still an often-used item. Also, I noticed they had the cheapest organic Pink-Lady Apples. Yay! The people who worked there were very friendly and helpful, even if the manager/owner was a bit stand-offish.

New Foods: I discovered raw sunflower seeds, which are quite boring but quite meaty and a TON of fabulous recipes at www.fromsadtoraw.com and goneraw.com. OH! And last night, I had some sweet corn, raw! And it was fantastic! I definitely recommend trying it! Apparently there are even recipes for creamed corn (which is basically just corn and corn) that looked awesome!

And tonight, I added cherries to my salad. They were very tasty with the onions and I was very pleasantly surprised. Tomorrow, I'm going to get a haircut. Hopefully it will resemble my bootcamp/Monterey hairstyle and it will be another motivating factor in this whole thing. Fat me looks terrible with short hair >.< We are also *hopefully* going to stop at Soft and Cozy Baby to get a few more cloth wipes (which I love, btw) and then this place called "Book-Thing" where they give away books. Link is (or will be shortly) linked here on my blog! And finally, I plan to make Almond Flour, Banana milk, and raw macaroons! I'll let you know how it goes! And I might even post pictures!!

I may or may not actually post tomorrow since I'm going to be doing so much, but I'll still have to count my caloric intake, so maybe expect at least that much!
Alrighty, well, enough for tonight. Sleep well, fellow bloggers and non-bloggers!

2 comments:

  1. I like David's for when we just need a few things and don't want to drive to Annapolis. I gotta try this raw candy bar, sounds cool! You've inspired me to count my calories today, I had to stop before we went to the ball game though, but it kept my snacking in check. Keep up the good work hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're getting enough! I noticed this morning around 2:30 that my milk supply was about .5 oz less than I expected (per side), so now I'm watching very carefully to make sure I eat at least 2,000 calories a day and get enough proetin (yum, edamame!) and fat (seeds, nuts, and avocado).
    I noticed because we're trying CIO and when Elena woke me I went to pump instead of picking her up. :-|

    ReplyDelete