Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Support (Or, I love my fellow sailors)

So, the support from my community has not been overwhelming, but it's been immediately noticable. People are speaking up, making comments (thanks Kellyn!), and expressing their good wishes.

This morning, I feel pretty neutral about yesterday. I'm making a consciously conscious effort to eat well (thanks, Christen) and stay active, even if it's only taking the stairs back to the first floor instead of the elevator. This [extremely] public record is also good motivation; If I can connect something I usually don't like (PT) with something I really enjoy (writing and putting together an aesthetically pleasing blog), I will most likely succeed. Or at least I like to think so.

Oh, and dating a skinny guy definitely helps. My last beau was a small guy (5'5" and about 150 lbs) and I felt like such a cow next to him. At least Sean is a bit taller and a bit broader; it helps with my own perception of myself.

3 comments:

  1. i feel you about the skinny boyfriend... i went from 10 to 20 lbs heavier than mine. he hasn't said too much but he does want me to eat better. i hate feeling like a cow too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand! Travis and I are almost the exact same size, which makes me sad. So, I agree, it is good motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the new beau is, like, 5 inches taller than me and weighs about 4 lbs more. My pride can't handle that anymore. I'm done feeling like a pig and really like the look he gave me when I wore a dress and four-inch heels to my friend's wedding last weekend! I can only imagine what it would feel like to be able to wear a mini skirt or strapless top!

    ReplyDelete