It wasn't a likely day to start running. At least not for me, a kid who has been fat since 5th grade. The temperature was hovering right around 50 degrees, it was sprinkling, the roads were likewise wet, I'd just started my period and was suffering from minor cramps. I'd spent all day sitting on my size 12/13 ass watching videos online, eating, and attending my unit's choir practice. I was not properly hydrated and my sprts bras are all so old and small that I hate wearing them because they make my fat stick out around the edges.
All of those things are very valid reasons not to run for me on a typical day.
Now let me give you all the reasons I actually got up and did it. And did it pretty well, if I may say so myself.
I had just watched a music video called "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?" and there's a really skinny, sexy Asian chick in it. I felt fat watching her.
And now that I think about it, that may very well be the only reason I ran today.
STATS
Time: 1916
Partner: Mannix, my 10 month old labrador retriever mix
Music: None
Attire: PT gear, New Balance Crap Shoes, North Face jacket (against the rain)
Distance: 1.4 miles, by my car
Returned home: 1938 (not all of that time is "official" run time)
Push-ups: 47
Crunches: 103
Planks (total time): 00:46
Tomorrow's Plan
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate (I know I could have done way better if I was hydrated)
Relax
Stretch
Walk Breanna (At least the same distance)
Do laundry
Hey chica, I would highly suggest checking out the C9 sports bras from Target, I swear by them. Granted, I don't have the biggest chest ever (36B) but anyone I have told to try them out loves them. They're not super expensive, and they have a ton of fun colors. It would be worth it to get one and see how you like them. Also, to extend the life of your sports bras, wash them in cold water, and lay them out flat to dry, or hang them up. It really extends the life of the material! It took me almost 10 years of sports to figure all that out. Anyway, hang in there, and take it one day at a time!
ReplyDelete