Left home: 1921
Partner: Mannix, my 10 month old labrador retriever mix
Music: None
Attire: Under Armor Shirt, black soffees, air force compression shorts, New Balance Crap Shoes
Distance: 1.4 miles, by my car
Returned home: 1942 (not all of that time is running time)
Push-ups: 45
Crunches: 140
Planks (total time): 1:00
Tomorrow's Plan
Hydrate
Eat well (NO DONUTS ON THE TRIP HOME)
Walk/run the dogs
Map out a run at mom's that includes Red Bridge
So, I bought two new Under Armor shirts (thanks, Kellyn! Good idea, spoiling oneself!) and I have decided that if I can do this for three weeks (running every other day, rain or shine, motivated or not) then I'll invest in a pair of kick-ass running shoes. The kind you have to save for. The kind that you go to the store and get fitted for.
My old shoes.

And here's my lofty lofty goal!: Run the Shamrock in VB next March. I can't remember if its a marathon or only a half, but either way, I'm in. Will they let me run with my dog? And my long term plans include running a full marathon first, but eventually I will run the Marine Corps Marathon. In 2012 at the latest.
So, this running with no real pressure, being able to do my own thing and competing against myself only, is really good for me. It's awesome for my self-confidence and self-image. I am going to run Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of next week. THEN and ONLY then will I step back on the Navy's scale at the PT office. Next Friday, I'm going to go weigh in and see where I stand from the PRT. I was at 169 that day. I'm gonna see what comes of this next week and from there, I'll project my weight-loss goals. :-)
Out for now! Wish me luck!
Not a problem! Sometimes, we all need that carrot dangling in front of our faces. Just little things to keep us motivated! Keep up exactly what you're doing, sounds like you're on the right track!
ReplyDelete