Ok, since dropping off the raw bus I have been MISERABLE!
To be relatively clean about it all, I haven't completely healed since the baby was born and hard stools make it just as bad as it was in the weeks following her birth. I attribute it mostly to the "re-tox" I've been going through. I had no idea how big a difference raw would really make until now. And I'm SICK of hurting. My stomach hurts all day; I'm gassy beyond belief; and I'm BLOATED. So I have to find a happy medium in all of this mess. So, a word of wisdom to all who are thinking about seriously trying Raw sometime, be ready to make the change pretty permanent.
Interesting factoid: Brewer's Yeast (commonly believed to help increase a mother's milk supply)has 100 calories per 2 Tablespoon serving, plus about 4g of dietary fiber and 15g of protein! If I was worried about getting enough calories on a mostly raw diet, I needn't be. There are so many supplements out there that are easily added to a smoothie. Granted, most of them aren't raw, or aren't completely organic, but they make me feel better about them than, say, Oreos and pasteurized milk.
In other news, my dog swallowed half a corncob whole today.
His new name is Corn Cob.
Tomorrow I go back to my real job. This should be interesting; I've only been out of the office for three months. I should have babies more often! (Hahaha, JK!)
A couple options. Colace, yogurt, or a fiber cereal. I've found that a bowl of cream of wheat and a slice of wheat toast keeps me regular all day and fills me up in the morning. I know that cream of wheat isn't exactly raw or organic, but it works.
ReplyDeleteHopefully your weekend went well, and the week has started off on the right foot.
ReplyDeleteHow's being back in the work place?
Oh man,, back to work, never fun! Good luck... Sounds like the pups will be full for a while :-)
ReplyDelete